Questions You Should Ask Any Roofing Company Proposing to Install a Stone Coated Steel Roof
- Can they provide you with an installation list? If so, is the installation list their own or another company's?
- How many installations have they completed and can you get reference names and phone numbers?
- Who will supervise the installation? How much experience do they have?
- How long has the crew been installing stone-coated steel? (Installing other roofing products is very simple in comparison to installing steel!)
- Is the material being purchased from a general roofing warehouse or is it made specifically for your job, and will all roof panels match?
- Can you get a lien waiver from both the installer and manufacturer?
- Has the salesperson shown you both warranties and explained the difference?
- Is the company a member of the Better Business Bureau?
- How long has the company been installing stone-coated steel roofs specifically?
- Is the company licensed in your county and/or city to install roofs?
- How does the company handle any problems with their installation and how is their labor warranty?
- Will the company provide an insurance certificate providing liability and workman's compensation coverage? If so, you should call the insurance provider and verify the policy is in force!
- Do they have an Illinois license (for Illinois customers)? Check on this website: www.idfpr.com/LicenseLookUp/LicenseLookup.asp
These are questions you need to ask and get answered before you sign any contract!!
At almost every home show I listen to all the complaints from homeowners who had a bad metal roof installed. 100% of the time they never did the above.